How to Brew Loose Leaf Teas
CT&P teas are very accommodating and only need a little coaxing to produce a wonderful cup of tea.
For a classic "cuppa tea" follow this simple recipe:
1. Take 2 1/2 cups of fresh water from the tap and boil
2. Add 3-4 tablespoons of the loose tea
3. When the tea starts to bubble, bring the heat down to a low boil.
4. After about 5 minutes, you will see the rolled tea leaves open up and slowly sink to the bottom of the pot as they brew.
5. Turn the burner off and let your tea steep for 3-5 minutes. Don't oversteep or the tea will start to burn and the flavor will become bitter.
6. Pour your tea into a serving pot. (You can strain the tea leaves out or leave them in)
6. Enjoy your tea! Drink black or add milk and sugar to taste. All of our teas can be served hot or over ice.